If you’d like to work with me as a Health Coach, I can be reached here. Or you can fill out the form at the bottom of the page. I will be in touch. Read on for more details…
My Coaching Approach:
I work with interested folks who want support in finding optimal health and wellness.
Specific areas I can support:
- Healthy eating, including:
- Help you identify the core pillars of a good diet, particularly how to choose the foods and diet that work for your unique body and needs;
- Shopping and grocery support;
- Time management for prioritizing healthy eating;
- How to find the inner motivation to achieve your goals successfully;
- How to make your eating habits fit your budget and much more.
- Stress reduction & finding more inner peace;
- Better sleep;
- Reducing environmental toxins;
- Lab tests: Check out how your body is functioning, and how to target specific improvements.
There are two general categories of service I offer:
- Longer-term coaching: This track is designed for people who want some level of sustained support. Five to ten sessions are generally the minimum it will take to get your momentum going. I’ll work with you to identify your own unique needs and desires for improvement and we can then target some useful goals for moving forward. I will of course work with you to make sure you have ongoing support and information you will need.
- Shorter-term consultation: This is designed for someone who needs or wants to be more self-generating, but still requires some specific guidance to feel more clear on either food support and/or other health and lifestyle issues. This can be as little as one or just a few sessions. It’s more focused on information than goal-setting or accountability.
My goal in coaching is not to tell you what you should do with a cookie-cutter prescription, but instead to learn from you your unique needs and desires and to move forward at a pace that feels sustainable for your life and needs. I use a positive psychology-based approach that works to remove shame and instead focus on how to help you achieve your goals in a realistic and empowered fashion. I’m certainly your accountability partner, but you are the captain of the ship and my job is to help you fulfill your desires, not mine.
My strong philosophy is that coaching is a relationship. And like any relationship, some people are a fit more than others. Everyone has unique needs and personality types. If I am not the right person for you, please know that there will be no pressure from me to continue our work together. I applaud you for finding the perfect fit for yourself and your personality needs.
My particular areas of training and focus are:
- Functional medicine principles for health
- Paleo/Ancestral diets
- Anti-inflammatory and auto-immune diets
- Gut healing: in particular nutrition support around leaky gut, SIBO, & re-balancing the microbiome.
I am a Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC) through the Functional Medicine Coaching Academy, a collaboration with the Institute for Functional Medicine (chaired by Dr. Mark Hyman), which is the only internationally approved Functional Medicine health coach training program through the International Consortium for Health and Wellness coaches that has completely incorporated Functional Medicine and Functional Nutrition into the curriculum. I also graduated from Functional Nutrition Alliance’s Full Body Systems program. I am studying Genetics, MTHFR, Methylation, & Biochemistry through Metabolic Healing as well as Ben Lynch’s Seeking Health Institute.
If you have an interest in pursuing coaching, please reach out to me and I will share more about how I work. I offer a sliding scale rate for service of $50- $125 per coaching hour depending on your financial need.
Coaching is a process I thoroughly enjoy and have good success with.
We are all unique and have individual needs, but there are also some fundamental tools to health that can be empowering for all of us. We will work together for support on it all!